SAVE THE DATE MAGNETS ... TO DO, OR NOT TO DO, THAT’S THE QUESTION
First, some may ask “what are save the date magnets”? The purpose of save the date magnets are to announce any important occasion or event well in advance of the actual invitation being sent.
It’s no secret that most of us live calendar filled lives, often times having 2 to 3 events competing for our attention on the same day. That being said...
Here are some reasons why sending save the date magnets may be a good idea for you:
- Save the Dates also serve as engagement announcements
- Help to insure that intended guests will be available on your wedding day
- Essential if you are getting married on a holiday weekend or during peak vacation times
- If you are having a destination wedding – gives guests plenty of notice to plan for travel, time off from work, etc.
- If you have created a wedding web page (this can be done at no cost on some websites) with details about your wedding such as gift registries, accommodations for out of town guests, photos, etc.. Sending save the date magnets that include this link is a fun way to get your wedding information out to family and friends.
When should Save the Dates be sent out?
- 6 months to 1 year is standard, but for destination/holiday weddings, 1 to 1-1/2 years is probably better.
Save the date magnets can be an inexpensive and fun way to start the wedding planning process and make sure that all the hard work that leads up to your Big Day is shared by as many as possible!